Night Timber X 1.2M BNF Basic w/AS3X & SAFE Select
MIDDAY AND MIDNIGHT MANEUVERS
The E-flite® Timber® X 1.2m combined the STOL capabilities of the original Timber 1.5m model with a wing design featuring oversized ailerons and flaps, plus an enlarged rudder and elevator and a more powerful 3S and 4S compatible power system, to also deliver 3D performance you'd expect from an all-out aerobat. Now the Night Timber® X 1.2m adds factory-installed, high-visibility LED lights throughout the airframe for flying all day AND all night! It's also equipped with a 60-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC, and the BNF® Basic version is equipped with an AR637TA receiver that offers full-range telemetry including real-time battery voltage, current, temperature and more – along with motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities – when using compatible transmitters.
- Incredible Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) plus 3D capabilities
- Integrated high-visibility LED lights to fly all day AND all night
- Oversized control surfaces with double-beveled hinge lines
- Six durable and factory-installed high-torque, metal-geared servos
- 60-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, temperature and other data, plus reversing capabilities, via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Shock-absorbing landing gear with oversized tundra-style wheels
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced, hollow-core EPO construction
- Includes optional-use leading edge slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
- Optional EDO-style floats (available separately) to fly from water
CAPABLE TO THE EXTREME
The E-flite® Timber® X 1.2m unleashed a new era of STOL plus 3D aerobatic capability. Based on the extremely popular Timber 1.5m model but featuring a new wing design, oversized control surfaces plus a 3S and 4S compatible power system, it offered an even wider flight envelope to deliver a truly "mild to wild" experience. And in addition to the standard LED landing, navigation and strobe lights, the Night Timber® X 1.2m adds integrated high-visibility LED lights throughout the airframe that make it possible to fly pretty much any time – day OR night! It also features exclusive Smart Technology via the 60-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC, and the BNF® Basic version is equipped with an AR637TA receiver that offers full-range telemetry including real-time battery voltage, current, temperature and more to compatible transmitters – plus reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities! Hollow-core EPO construction with composite reinforcement results in a lightweight yet strong airframe that offers the same flying weight as the original Timber X – even with the added LED lights. That also makes it capable of handling extreme aerobatic maneuvers while keeping the wing loading low for impressive Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) and slow flight performance. It's also equipped with high-torque, metal-geared servos plus the shock-absorbing landing gear of the original model so you can fly as aggressively as you want from almost any surface. You can even install the included leading edge slats for improved slow flight performance, or the optional floats (sold separately) so you can fly from water all day AND all night too!
- Full-range 6–7+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 2200–3200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3™ Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
- (1) E-flite® Night Timber® X 1.2m with:
- (1) Spektrum™ Avian™ 60A Brushless Smart ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (6) High-Torque, Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Set of Optional-Use Leading Edge Slats
- (1) Product Manual
eXtra LED Lights
Embedded throughout the airframe are factory-installed LED lights that make it possible to fly all day AND all night, too! They're conveniently powered by the 3S or 4S 2200–3200mAh flight battery, and can also be easily disconnected when flying in daylight conditions. Plus, just like the original, the Night Timber® X 1.2m is also equipped with realistic-looking LED landing, navigation and strobe lights.
eXtra Exclusive Technologies
The Night Timber® X 1.2m is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch! And if you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
eXtra Smart Technology
The Night Timber® X 1.2m is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 and 8 G2, the DX9, iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly. It also features motor reversing to offer special ground handling and other capabilities.
The Night Timber® X 1.2m features a wing design with a shortened span plus much larger ailerons and flaps, along with an enlarged elevator and rudder, compared to the original Timber 1.5m. Double-beveled hinge lines make it possible to deflect every control surface, including the flaps that can travel in both directions, to high angles for outstanding control and eXtreme 3D aerobatic capability. Pockets in the rear of the fuselage and the included optional-use steel stabilizer joiner give you additional options to fine-tune the model's performance for even wilder 3D setups – or on low rates the controls can be as smooth and docile as they are on the original so you can fly as mild or as wild as you'd like!
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 60-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or eXtra power and vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Composite-reinforced, hollow-core construction with EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe and offers the same flying weight as the original Timber® X even with the added LED lights. The Night Timber X 1.2m is also equipped with high-torque, metal-geared servos plus the shock-absorbing landing gear and oversized tundra-style wheels of the original model so you can fly aggressively from almost any surface.
STOL (Short Takeoff and Landing) Capable
The wing design has a shorter span yet almost as much wing area as the original Timber® 1.5m, plus it features drooped wingtips and can be equipped with the included optional-use leading edge slats for improved slow flight and STOL performance. These features, along with the lightweight design, oversized flaps and high-power brushless power system, make it possible to spring into the air or float down to land in as little as two feet or less.
Owners of an original or Turbo Timber® 1.5m model can use the float set that came with it on the Night Timber X 1.2m, or the EDO-style floats are also available separately (EFL5261) and include the required mounting struts plus a dual-rudder steering system for excellent handling and easy takeoffs and landings on water.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.