Maule 1.5M BNF Basic
While America geared up to go higher and faster, B.D. Maule was hard at work in a quiet country corner developing his vision of an aircraft that would give pilots the ability to do the exact opposite—practically. Maule Air Inc. has flourished ever since by delivering planes around the globe with renowned STOL capability and value. The E-flite® Maule M-7 1.5m is an officially licensed tribute to the full-size marvel that includes an abundance of scale detail, rugged landing gear, flaps and an optional-use float set so you can conquer any terrain year-round.
- An officially licensed scale replica with excellent STOL capabilities
- High-Power 3–4S LiPo compatible brushless motor and ESC
- Spektrum™ AR631 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Stability and precision of AS3X® technology
- Optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings
- Factory installed and operational LED lighting
- Plug-in, two-piece wing design with folding wing struts
- Lightweight and durable EPO foam construction
- Oversized tundra-style tires and heavy-duty wire landing gear
- Scale detail including clear windows, pilot figure, antennas and more
- Convenient top-hatch provides easy flight battery access
- Custom float set included with steerable water rudder
The E-flite® Maule M-7 1.5m captures the Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) capabilities, along with the unmistakable lines and character of the rugged full-scale design series. From the crystal-clear cabin windows and interior detail to an abundance of exterior features including LED lights, antennas, vortex generators and riveted panels, the Maule M-7 breaks new ground in civilian scale authenticity. EPO construction results in a lightweight yet durable airframe. The two-piece wing is equipped with operational flaps for outstanding slow flight performance and STOL capabilities. The factory-installed brushless power system delivers plenty of performance for flying from smooth or rough surfaces using the oversized wheels, or when flying from water using the included float set.
As an officially licensed replica, this scale model features clear windows and interior detail including a pilot figure, plus complements to the scale outline including antennas, molded panel lines, rivets, vortex generators and functional LED lights.
You get direct access through a top-mounted hatch that makes flight battery changes simple and convenient when using a 3–4S LiPo pack from 2200–3200mAh. A concealed hatch in the bottom offers easy access to the receiver resulting in a scale appearance that's more authentic.
Versatile Brushless Power
The factory-installed power system features a high-power brushless outrunner motor and ESC that are versatile enough to run either a 3S or 4S LiPo battery. Either way, you enjoy thrust that hauls this Maule into the air with ease.
Easy to Assemble
No glue is required to complete assembly. The wing features a two-piece, plug-in design with folding struts that makes transport and storage convenient. The horizontal stabs slide into place and are secured with screws so assembly is quick and easy.
Like the full-size counterpart, the factory-installed flaps provide aerodynamic braking when deflected and increase lift substantially for stable slow-speed flight and remarkable STOL performance.
The included float set features a water rudder for superb steering control. The custom strut package ensures accurate alignment so that setup to fly from water is a breeze.
AS3X Receiver with Optional SAFE Select Technology
This Bind-N-Fly® Basic model is equipped with an AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) receiver that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a larger and expertly tuned aircraft.
If you're a relatively new pilot or want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional SAFE® Select technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select features enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These keep the aircraft from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles during takeoff and landing.
- Instantly returns the wings to level when the sticks are released. It's also helpful if you ever need to hand launch the airplane.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.