Eratix 3D Flat Foamy 860mm BNF-Basic
In the early 2000s, "flat foamy" models were extremely popular because they could be scratch built from foam sheets you could buy in many stores. Today, most foam models are fully-molded sport and scale aircraft – and few can match the unique capabilities and performance of flat foam models, especially those designed and built for aerobatic plus 3D flying! The E-flite® Eratix 3D FF (Flat Foamy) 860mm is perfect for experienced pilots who already build and fly flat foam models, intermediate pilots who are interested in them but don't want to undertake a complicated build, and less experienced pilots who have always wanted to try but were intimidated by the extra effort and skills required to buy, build and fly such a model. The Eratix 3D FF is the easiest-to-fly, most convenient, and best value in a flat foamy model yet!
- The easiest to buy, assemble and fly flat foamy model yet – capable of slow cruising, sport flying, basic and all-out 3D aerobatics
- Specially tuned brushless motor that's factory-installed and ready for use with popular 3S 600–850mAh batteries
- 15-amp Spektrum Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, RPM, and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Spektrum™ AR630 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Compatible with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many of the most popular E-flite® and HobbyZone® trainer airplane models
- Extremely durable yet lightweight, high-density EPP airframe with carbon fiber and composite reinforcements
- Three factory-installed digital servos and linkages, including a metal-geared aileron servo
- Factory-finished in a high-contrast, high-visibility trim scheme for excellent orientation
- Fast and easy assembly, unlike similar class models – no glue or tape required
- Landing gear snaps into place for easy installation, removal, and replacement
The E-flite Eratix 3D FF (Flat Foamy) 860mm offers the aggressive aerobatic plus smooth sport and slow-flying performance of similar class models – without all the hassles of buying components for and building one! It bolts/snaps together and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery compared to the glue, tape, and many hours it usually takes to assemble other "flat foamy" aircraft. Its lightweight yet extremely durable EPP airframe is mostly factory-assembled and includes a factory-installed power system and servos. The 3S compatible brushless motor is matched with an exclusive Spektrum Avian Smart ESC. The BNF Basic version is equipped with an AR630 receiver to deliver real-time telemetry data along with AS3X and SAFE Select technologies. It's small enough and light enough to be flown indoors in gymnasiums and other similar spaces or outdoors in yards, parks, and sports fields, making it a versatile addition to the hangar for a wide variety of pilots!
The Bind-N-Fly® (BNF®) Basic version Eratix 3D FF 860mm features exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits and automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch to make this the easiest to fly flat foamy yet!
Bind-N-Fly® Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly® (BNF®) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos, and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
The Eratix 3D FF is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data, including motor RPM, current, battery voltage, and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers (including the AR630) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX14, iX20, and others) while you fly.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a specially-tuned outrunner motor. This power system delivers plenty of thrust for unlimited vertical and 3D performance with 3S batteries! Use 600mAh batteries to keep the weight down, or up to 850mAh batteries for longer flight times.
Like other flat foamy models, the Eratix 3D FF is capable of slow cruising, smooth sport flying, basic aerobatics, and even aggressive 3D flying — all in the same flight! It offers a truly "mild to wild" flight experience intermediate to experienced pilots will appreciate whether flying indoors in gymnasiums or outdoors in yards, parks, sports fields, and beyond.
Unlike other similar flat foamy models only available as kits without power and control components, the Eratix 3D FF arrives factory-assembled with the power system, servos, and the receiver (BNF Basic version only) installed. All you need to do is finish some quick and easy final bolt/snap-together assembly – without glue, tape, or special tools – and you'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
Construction with carbon fiber and composite-reinforced, high-density EPP delivers a lightweight yet stiff and durable airframe. In the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can't repair them, a full line of replacement/spare parts is readily available.