P-51D 1.2M BNF Basic
Out of the gate, the 1941 prototype of the P-51 was impressive. However, trials revealed that the super-sleek machine needed crucial changes to become a true thoroughbred. The magic formula was realized with the P-51D that delivered the performance, weapons and range well-trained pilots could wield to outmatch any challenger of the day. Even after WWII, thousands of Mustangs remained in service with proud nations around the globe—some until as late as 1980. The E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.2m replica captures a peak example of the legendary U.S. Army Air Corps fighter that delivers the kind of scale experience that makes flying history's most celebrated fighter more enjoyable than ever.
- A well-appointed scale warbird with sporty performance
- Historic WWII 20th Fighter Group trim scheme
- High-Power 3–4S LiPo compatible brushless motor and ESC
- Spektrum™ AR631 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Stability and precision of AS3X® technology
- Operational flaps with independent servos
- Electric retractable landing gear
- 6-channel control with 6 micro servos installed
- Lightweight and durable EPO foam construction
- Realistic 4-blade propeller and engine exhaust detail
- Painted canopy with a clear view of the pilot and cockpit
- Convenient top-hatch provides easy flight battery access
- Removable wing tanks included
- Easy to complete final assembly
The E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.2m scale airplane delivers outstanding warbird appeal whether flying or just standing still. The realistic four-blade propeller, outline and cockpit detail highlight the devoted attention given to pull off a popular subject like the Mustang this well. Its functional flaps feature the precision of independent servo operation while electric retractable main landing gear provides reliability and scale-like movement. Construction with EPO foam keeps the overall weight low while maintaining a level of durability that makes flying a scale sensation, like this Mustang, practical enough to enjoy every day. The installed power system offers outstanding performance when used with a 3S LiPo battery. Go beyond ballistic and fly with 4S power—no equipment change required. Whether you're an intermediate or advanced pilot, the P-51D Mustang 1.2m has the detail, the heart-stopping performance and more importantly the flight quality you need to experience what piloting a legendary thoroughbred is all about.
An Inspirational Trim Scheme
This P-51D Mustang model replicates a legendary U.S. Army Air Corps fighter used with the 20th Fighter Group and flown by Capt. Ernest "Fieb" Fiebelkorn who became a top-scoring Ace during WWII.
Better than Scale
On the ground or in the air, this Mustang looks and flies better that the real thing. The installed main landing gear feature reliable electric retraction with covers over the steel struts and outer gear doors that enhance the scale appearance. A light wing load, plus operational flaps, gives this warbird a wide flight envelope, plus the ability to takeoff in short distances and land slowly.
3S–4S LiPo Power Compatible
The power system features a high-speed brushless outrunner motor, a robust ESC and a scale 4-blade propeller that combine with your 2200–3200mAh 3S LiPo battery to deliver thrust that helps this Mustang perform well beyond the scale flight envelope with ease. Plus, you can go beyond ballistic performance and fly this Mustang with a 4S LiPo; no modifications necessary.
Construction with durable EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail in a lightweight form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that's easy to maintain and allows the most satisfying flight experience possible to shine through.
Easy to Assemble
No glue is required to complete assembly. The wing features a rigid, one-piece design that connects to the fuselage with just a few screws. Top-access for battery installation is conveniently located through the canopy in a way that maintains the scale outline and allows you to install the flight battery quickly.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.