Focke-Wulf Fw190A 1.5m BNF Basic with Smart
BEST OF THE BUTCHER BIRDS
World War II Germany's Focke-Wulf Fw 190A featured a relatively simple design that placed a large radial engine into the narrow fuselage of a small, single-seat fighter. After the "Butcher Bird" took its first flight on June 1, 1939, its effectiveness in air superiority, interception, ground attack and bombing roles led many Luftwaffe pilot to happily trade their Messerschmitt Bf 109s for the new warbird. This first-ever E-flite® Focke-Wulf model is based on a full-scale replica once owned by the late Rudy Frasca. Painted with the wartime markings of Austrian Luftwaffe pilot Oskar Bosch, the replica has been flown in west coast airshows and at the National Air Races in Reno. The E-flite Fw 190A 1.5m stands apart from all other RC model versions by delivering superior Extra Scale details, functional features and performance in a larger size, while being easy to assemble, transport and store. It's also equipped with a Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC to deliver a warbird experience unlike any other!
- The most detailed, best handling and highest performance large-scale Fw 190A model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the German Luftwaffe during World War II
- Extra Scale details including a removable drop tank, molded-in panel lines, guns and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED navigation lights, retractable main gear, split flaps and more
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless motor with large diameter 3-blade prop and simulated engine fan
- Fits 6S batteries from 3200-7000mAh to deliver level flight top speeds up to 80+ MPH and nearly unlimited vertical performance
- 100-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitter
- Spektrum™ AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Six factory-installed servos with precise ball-link equipped linkages
- Ball-bearing equipped wheels with treaded tires for added scale appearance
- Retractable main gear with scale-like length, shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Unique 3-piece wing includes center section with main gear plus outer panels that snap into place without fasteners
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Factory-applied trim scheme modeled after the replica Fw 190 previously owned by Rudy Frasca
- Large top hatch for fast and easy access to the battery compartment
- Durable EPO airframe with carbon fiber and wood reinforcement
ANOTHER FIRST FROM E-FLITE®!
This first-ever E-flite® Focke-Wulf is also the most detailed, best handling and highest performance RC model of the Axis warbird yet! The Fw 190A 1.5m is larger than most other models of the famous fighter, yet it's easy to assemble — and to transport and store thanks to its unique 3-piece wing design because the center section includes the main gear and the outer panels simply snap into place securely without requiring fasteners. The factory-installed brushless power system with its large-diameter, 3-bladed propeller uses common 6S 3200-7000mAh batteries to deliver better-than-scale, 80+ MPH level flight speeds and nearly unlimited vertical performance. It also has more authentic details than most similar class and smaller models. The durable, composite-reinforced airframe includes molded-in panel lines and guns, a removable drop tank and even more Extra Scale details. Functional Extra Scale features — such as LED navigation lights, split flaps and control surfaces with pocket hinges — take the experience to another level. Besides adding realism, the wide-spaced main gear with factory-installed electric retracts, durable metal components and scale-like length, shock-absorbing struts make it possible to fly from a wide variety of surfaces, including paved runways and grass. Best of all a wide range of pilots, even those with limited warbird experienced, can enjoy flying this model — especially the BNF® Basic version that includes exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. The BNF Basic comes with an AR637TA receiver that takes full advantage of the Spektrum™ Avian™ ESC's Smart technology to deliver full-range, real-time battery voltage, current draw, motor RPM and other telemetry data to compatible transmitters. And it all adds up to deliver a warbird flying experience unlike any other with the finest Focke-Wulf yet!
This is the first large-scale Fw 190A model equipped with both exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch making this one of the easiest to fly Fw 190s yet! And if you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
Extra Scale Details
The Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m features an accurate outline and an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, guns and a removable drop tank — plus many more details than you typically find on similar class and smaller models.
Functional Extra Scale Features
Factory-installed LED navigation lights, retractable main gear, split flaps and control surfaces with pocket hinges are functional Extra Scale features that take your experience to another level.
The factory-installed power system features a 100-amp ESC plus a high-power brushless outrunner motor that works with the large-diameter three-blade propeller and a 6S 3200–7000mAh LiPo battery to deliver better-than-scale speed and nearly unlimited vertical performance.
The Fw 190A 1.5m is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, the NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly.
The wide-spaced main gear feature factory-installed electric retracts equipped with durable metal components and shock-absorbing struts that make it possible to fly from a wider variety of surfaces including paved runways and grass. And unlike most other Fw 190 models, the scale-like length struts offer a more authentic scale look and experience.
Construction with fully-molded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that's easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flight experience, plus the factory-installed servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The 3-piece wing design makes transport and storage as practical and convenient as possible because the center section includes the main gear and the outer panels snap into place securely without fasteners.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.