UMX A-10 Thunderbolt II 30mm EDF BNF Basic
The A-10 Thunderbolt II, affectionately called the "Warthog" due to its aggressive look and unique Close Air Support (CAS) capabilities, is one of the most iconic U.S. Air Force aircraft of all time — valued highly for its excellent maneuverability at low speeds and altitude, and for being an accurate and survivable weapons-delivery platform. With its affordable and practical ultra micro size, the updated and upgraded E-flite® UMX™ A-10 Twin 30mm EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet now enables more RC pilots to fly an exciting "Hog" replica in more places! It’s also more durable and more powerful, with a stronger, carbon-fiber reinforced nose and airframe and a 2S and 3S-compatible power system matched to 30mm fans. This Bind-N-Fly® Basic aircraft comes equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies and provides real-time battery voltage telemetry to compatible transmitters, making it easier than ever for more pilots to fly and enjoy.
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force for Close Air Support and other missions
- The easiest to fly and best handling ultra micro A-10 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Improved vertical performance and speed compared to other ultra micro class EDF models
- More powerful 2S and 3S-compatible outrunner motors with larger diameter 30mm fans
- Fits 450–850mAh LiPo batteries for a wide range of performance and flight times
- Strengthened airframe including a carbon fiber reinforced fuselage and nose
- Real-time battery voltage telemetry via compatible Spektrum™ transmitters
- Spektrum receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Completely factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box
- Stronger removable landing gear with steerable nose wheel
- Full 4-channel control with functional dual rudders
- Factory-applied "desert camo" trim scheme finish
The E-flite® UMX™ A-10 Thunderbolt II Twin 30mm EDF ultra micro jet is the most practical and easiest to fly A-10 RC model yet! New upgrades make this replica of the iconic U.S. Air Force aircraft easier for a wider variety of experienced pilots to enjoy — including those with limited EDF experience. The BNF® Basic model’s industry-leading Spektrum™ 2.4GHz technology binds to your 5+ channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter for full 4-channel control, plus the benefits of exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies. It’s 100% factory-assembled and ready to deliver an authentic A-10 jet flying experience almost immediately. The fully-molded airframe features a factory-applied "desert camo" trim scheme and is strengthened with a carbon fiber reinforced fuselage and nose. Factory-installed twin brushless power systems feature more powerful 2S and 3S-compatible outrunner motors with larger diameter 30mm fans, for improved vertical performance and speed compared to other models in its class — plus longer-than-average EDF flight times when using the recommended 450–850mAh LiPo batteries. Use the included fixed landing gear with steerable nose wheel to taxi, take off and land on paved, packed dirt or grass surfaces at large parks and fields. Or leave the landing gear off for more speed and vertical performance plus easy over hand launches and landings on grass. With the A-10 Thunderbolt II Twin 30mm EDF, you can start flying your first mission within minutes!
This UMX™ A-10 is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X®, SAFE® Select and telemetry technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch to make this the easiest to fly Warthog ever! It will also provide real-time flight battery voltage and other telemetry data to Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, the NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20 and others).
The factory-installed twin brushless power systems feature larger diameter 30mm fans with more powerful 2S and 3S-compatible outrunner motors. This upgraded power system setup delivers higher performance than the 28mm fans and 2S-compatible motors installed in previous UMX™ models to offer unmatched speed and vertical performance, plus longer-than-average EDF flight times when using the recommended 450–850mAh 30+C LiPo batteries with an IC2® connector.
The fully-molded and strengthened airframe includes a carbon fiber reinforced fuselage and nose. The result is a more durable model that looks great and is still lightweight to deliver the best possible flight experience!
You can use the included fixed landing gear with steerable nose wheel to taxi, take off and land on smooth surfaces. Or you can leave the landing gear off for more speed and vertical performance plus easy over hand launches and landings on grass.
The A-10 Thunderbolt II Twin 30mm EDF arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box! It’s equipped with industry-leading Spektrum& 2.4GHz technology that binds to your 5+ channel DSMX®/DSM2® equipped transmitter so you can be flying within minutes of opening the box.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes it feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds. For UMX models like this one, SAFE Select is automatically assigned to channel 5 (Gear) so you can turn it on an off with any switch assigned to that channel (switch A by default on most Spektrum computer transmitters).