The Mini Switch was a GREAT purchase!!! It is NOT a beginner plane, however.
1. For the INTERMEDIATE flier, it is very DURABLE and easy to fix!
-- It easily with stands what an intermediate flier will put it through.
2. It flies smoothly and precisely! GREAT for rolls, loops, flying inverted, and flying straight up!
3. In perfect shape out of the box!!
4. Easy to put together!
SIDE NOTE: I've read other reviews that said it came in bad shape in the box, HOWEVER, the MANUFACTURING COMPANY has AMAZING customer service!! If anything is wrong with your plane, they will almost ALWAYS replace whatever you need FOR FREE!!
-- The motor shaft broke after my third flight (which was my fault, not a flaw in the plane), I called the company, and in a few days, I had a new motor PLUS a couple additional parts that they thought I would like to have all FOR FREE.
5. ALSO... the Mini Switch CAN easily take off from thin grass (i.e. brown Phoenix, AZ grass)
1. The main landing gear snaps off relatively easily.
-- Can easily be fixed with Epoxy.
2. Because of the design and powerful engine, if you gun the engine on the takeoff, it WILL veer sharply to the left (like almost every other rc plane). This is normal, but just be prepared! Do your research on takeoffs and you'll be fine!
3. You MAY want to increase the control throws for the rudder.
Conclusion: BUY IT. The Mini Switch will treat you as well as YOU treat IT!!
I bought this as a first plane and wanted to use it as a trainer. As soon as it was in the air, I lost control and destroyed it trying to regain control. No wind either. If you have little experience with flying, do not purchase. Also the plane was assembled poorly and nothing was straight. The motor was off-center and the rudder was off as well. NOT FOR BEGINNERS.
No items in your cart