The E-flite® Mystique® RES 2.9 m ARF sailplane is inspired by the popular full-house Mystique 2.9 m except it has been specially modified to provide exquisite performance with only rudder, elevator and spoiler controls.
Its large wingspan is built with just the right amount of polyhedral to provide gentle flight characteristics yet still have the authority to turn abruptly into a thermal the instant it’s sensed. The Selig S3021 airfoil provides excellent handling over a wide speed range, plus the all-wood open-wing construction keeps weight to a minimum so you can take advantage of even the smallest amount of lift. Built-in spoilers offer the ability to dump lift so you have control to escape a thermal and perform spot landings with greater precision. The contour of the molded fiberglass fuselage is sleek yet provides ample room for its pushrods to run internally and still have room for a powerful Li-Po motor battery.
Common radio equipment
- 4+ channel full-range transmitter and receiver radio system
- (2) micro servos, (2) thin wing servos
- Charger for flight/receiver pack
Pure glider setup
- 700–1300mAh 4.8–6.0V receiver pack
- Hi-start or winch
- 25-size brushless outrunner motor
- 60-amp brushless speed control
- 3200mAh 3S 11.1V Li-Po flight battery
- 14 x 8 folding propeller and 40mm spinner with folding blade hub