Piper J-3 Cub .40 Size Kit
A Favorite with Scale Model Builders, the Cub is Now Available with the
Great Planes Unique "Computer Design and Drawn" Engineering, Resulting in
Outstanding Scale Accuracy and Easy Kit Assembly.
Nearly all balsa construction for easy finishing
Includes all parts and instructions to build either the standard or
aerobatic "clipped wing" version
Exact scale outline is taken from original Piper 3-view drawing
Top quality Great Planes hardware
Realistic "barndoor" ailerons instead of strip ailerons found on
High quality shaped balsa leading edge, pre-notched for wing ribs
Scale wing struts, landing gear fairings, dummy engines for both
sides of the cowling, numerous decals as well as many "how-to" tips
for creating additional scale details
Detailed instruction booklet and plans
Wingspan: 76.5" (standard version)
61.5" (clipped wing version)
Wing Area: 820 sq in (standard)
653 sq in (clipped wing)
Center of Gravity: 3-5/8" to 4-3/8" back from the leading edge .
Wing Loading: 18-21oz/sq ft
Degrees Incidence: Engine Thrust: 2° RIGHT 0° DOWN
Wing: 2.5° (flat bottom is 0° to engine)
Control Throws Each Way: High Low
Elevator: 1-1/8" 5/8"
Rudder: 1-3/8" 1"
Aileron: ¾" UP ½" UP
11/16" DOWN 7/16" DOWN
Engine: .40-.60 (2-stroke) and Pitts muffler or .48-.80 (4-stroke)
Radio: 4 Channel w/Four Servos
Covering: Two 6-Foot Rolls w/Matching Paint
Misc. Items: 3-3/8" Main Wheels, 1¼" Tailwheel, Wheel Collars,
Fuel Tubing, 12oz Fuel Tank, Propeller, Foam Rubber, Flex cable,
Building and Field Equipment.
The spinner nut shown on the box are Fox's FOXQ2700 (polished).
Full Wing Dihedral is 5/8"
Clipped Wing Version Dihedral is ½"
Decal sheet CUB4D01 sold only through GP Manufacturing includes:
Two 3¼" x ¾" Black NC42517
Two 11-3/8" x ½" Black lightning stripes
Two 1½" x 1¼" Red, Brown, Black & White Piper Cub logos
Two 3¼" x 5/8" Red, Black & White Great Planes logos
One 4½" x 1-1/8" Black & White instrument panel
Two 1¼" x ¼" Black & White Piper logos
Two ¾" x 3/16" Brown & Black Sensenich logos
Two 5/8" x 1/8" Black & White Continental logos
Decal sheet CUB4D02 sold only through GP Manufacturing includes:
One 23½" x 5¼" Black NC42517
One 9-1/8" x 2-1/8" Black NC42517
One 28½" tapered Black stripe
- Nearly all balsa construction for easy finishing
- Includes all parts and instructions to build either the standard or aerobatic "clipped wing" version
- Exact scale outline is taken from original Piper 3-view drawing
- Top quality Great Planes hardware
- Realistic "barndoor" ailerons instead of strip ailerons found on most Cubs
- High quality shaped balsa leading edge pre-notched for wing ribs
- Scale wing struts landing gear fairings dummy engines for both sides of the cowling numerous decals as well as many "how-to" tips for creating additional scale details
- SEMI-SYMMETRICAL AIRFOIL
- Detailed instruction booklet and plans