ElectriFly Slinger EP Flying Wing ARF Basic
This is the Radio Controlled, Electric Powered,
Great Planes Slinger Almost Ready-to-Fly Expanded Foam Flying Wing Kit
Park Pilot Program Legal Aircraft
For Intermediate to Advanced Modeler/Fliers.
Construction: Expanded foam, is resistant to rip, bend, and break
Wings: One piece foam with ABS plastic winglets to add stability
covered in heat shrink film
Motor: Speed 400 size with prop
Radio compartment: concealed underneath ABS center section
Assembly Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this
kit to be free from defects in both materials and workmanship at
date of purchase.
Speed 400 motor with two props, two wing halves, center section,
canopy, Velcro tape strip, pushrods with tubes, wing fins, decals,
control horns, battery connector, photo-illustrated instructions,
nylon tie strap, wing tape, and center section tape.
Battery: 2S, 7.4V LiPo, such as the FlightPower FP25 series 2S
7.4V 4000mAh, FPWP2402 recommended
ESC: LiPo compatible, for Speed 400 motor, such as the Great Planes
C-25, GPMM2025, (A Male Ultra Plug with Pigtail, WSDM2013 must be
soldered to the ESC's motor leads to mate with the stock Slinger
Charger: LiPo compatible
Radio: 3 or 4 channel w/electronic mixing(or optional mixer GPMA2428)
Servos: 2 mini (min. of 15 oz-in torque)
Speed Control: 15A Electronic (GPMA2429)
Glue: 6 minute epoxy (GPMR6042)
Misc. Items: Building and Field Equipment
Wingspan: 47.4" (1204mm)
Wing Area: 462.8sq in (29.85sq dm)
Weight: 27oz (765g)
Wing Loading: 8.4 oz/sq ft (25.6 g/sq dm)
Center of Gravity: 8" (203mm) Back from front tip of plane inverted
Control Throws: Low Rate High Rate
Elevator, up and down: 3/8" (9.5mm) ½" (12.7mm)
Ailerons, up and down: ½" (12.7mm) ¾" (19mm)
***updated*** cmc 06/03/03
***updated*** NNA 08/27/03
- Assembles in a half-hour - no building or painting required.
- Rugged and resilient expanded foam parts offer outstanding resistance to rips, bends and breaks.
- Easy to transport. Spans just under four feet and has no landing gear to bend or break.
- Goes aloft with a hand launch and skids to a landing on its belly.
- Included winglets attach with epoxy and stabilize flight throughout the entire performance envelope.
- Precision-formed cockpit and simulated engine nacelles duplicate the looks of the mighty B2 bomber.
- Center section offers ample room for all on-board gear - cockpit covers and protects gear, yet allows quick, easy access for pack changes or maintenance.