Stuka JU 87-G2, PNP, 1400mm
The Junkers Ju 87 or Stuka (from Sturzkampfflugzeug, "dive bomber") was a two-seat (pilot and rear gunner) German ground-attack aircraft. Designed by Hermann Pohlmann, the Stuka first flew in 1935 and made its combat debut in 1936 as part of the Luftwaffe's Condor Legion during the Spanish Civil War.
The easily recognizable inverted gull wing dive-bomber made its debut in the Luftwaffe’s Condor Legion during the Spanish War.
Its potency as an accurate dive bomber made it valuable in the early stages of WW2 but later was to prove vulnerable to the latest generation of fighter aircraft and it required heavy fighter support. The Stuka featured many innovative design features including automatic pull-up dive brakes and the infamous Jericho Trumpet siren.
FMS has accurately modeled the G variant, which was deployed as a tank buster on the ‘Eastern Front’. The 37mm cannons were located in under the wing gun pods and proved to be very successful even though they were limited to 6 rounds per cannon.
This highly detailed replica is a pleasure to fly and it’s a cinch to land. The powerful brushless motor drives a 3 blade propeller making for a very powerful and efficient aircraft. Just remember to keep an eye out for any Spitfires!