P-51D Mustang 1.2m with Smart BNF Basic
The P-51D Mustang is one of the most popular and iconic fighter aircraft of all time! Its unique design resulted in it delivering some of the best performance among all fighter aircraft flown in WWII. The E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.2m is a scale replica of the legendary U.S. Army Air Corps fighter that delivers an experience to make flying history's most famous fighter more enjoyable than ever. The 3S and 4S compatible power system includes a specially tuned motor and an upgraded Spektrum 70A Smart Lite ESC. And the BNF® Basic version also includes a telemetry-capable AR631 receiver with AS3X® technology – plus optional-use SAFE® Select technology to make it even easier to fly. That makes this P-51D the smart full-house warbird choice for a wide range of pilots!
- Updated and upgraded to be the easiest-to-fly full-house Mustang model yet, capable of scale-like, sport, high speed, and aerobatic flying
- Specially tuned motor compatible with 3S and 4S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades
- Popular 3S and 4S 2200–3200mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 70-amp Spektrum Avian™ Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, RPM, and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Compatible with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many of the most popular E-flite® and HobbyZone® trainer airplane models
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry leading DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs/landings and improved slow-speed performance
- Operational electric retracts plus scale-like strut covers, wheels, and tires
- Full 6-channel control with six factory-installed servos and linkages
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Factory-applied “Cripes A’Mighty 3rd” trim scheme
- Fast and easy assembly – no glue required
The Smartest And Easiest-to-Fly “Full-House” Mustang Yet!
This updated version of the E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.2m delivers outstanding warbird appeal whether flying or just standing still. It’s now finished in the iconic “Cripes A’Mighty 3rd” trim scheme of George E. Preddy Jr., the top P-51 Mustang ace during World War II who downed six planes in a single day. This replica features a variety of scale details including molded-in panel lines, a pilot figure, four-blade propeller and more. Plus, its functional flaps and retractable landing gear add to the scale flying experience. The 3S and 4S compatible power system includes an upgraded 70A Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC, and the BNF® Basic version is equipped with an AR631 receiver to deliver real-time telemetry data along with AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies. Best of all, no glue is required for final assembly so you can have it ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! And the 1.2m size allows for easy storage and transport without disassembly, or the one-piece wing can be removed and reinstalled quickly for even greater convenience. So, whether you're an intermediate or advanced pilot, this P-51D Mustang has the details, features and heart-stopping performance—along with incredible handling at low and high speeds—you need to experience what piloting a legendary thoroughbred is all about.
Overview & Flight Talk
The BNF® Basic version is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you’re flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits and automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch! And if you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, bind the receiver normally, and only AS3X will be active.
This P-51D Mustang 1.2m is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data, including motor RPM, current, battery voltage, and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers (including the AR631) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX14, iX20, and others) while you fly.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 70-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC plus a specially tuned motor and 4-blade prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery or more speed and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Abundant Scale Detail
The lightweight yet durable, composite-reinforced, and fully molded EPO airframe is equipped with an abundance of scale detail, including panel lines, a pilot figure, and more.
Functional Scale Features
Factory-installed retracts with strut covers, plus operational flaps, are functional scale features that take your experience to another level.
Iconic Trim Scheme
Factory-finished in the “Cripes A’Mighty 3rd” scheme modeled after the aircraft George Earl Preddy, Jr., the top P-51 Mustang ace during World War II, flew in 1944.
No glue is required for assembly, and you can have the P-51D Mustang 1.2m ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! And although it's conveniently sized to fit fully assembled in just about any vehicle, you can remove the wing for even easier storage and transport.