Twin Otter PNP with floats
Versatile and easy to fly, the E-flite Twin Otter 1.2m is an ideal first twin for intermediate to experienced pilots. Modeled after the STOL-capable bush plane, it features LED navigation and landing lights, flaps and includes optional-use floats.
VERSATILE AND CAPABLE
The DHC-6 Twin Otter was developed by de Havilland Canada in 1965. Designed as a rugged STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) commuter aircraft, the Twin Otter carried passengers and cargo into harsh environments such as the sub-zero Antarctic and scorching North African desert. The line was shut down in 1988, after producing 844 aircraft. Viking Air Limited purchased the Type Certificates for all out-of-production de Havilland aircraft in 2005 and announced the Viking Series 400 Twin Otter Production Program two years later. By mid-2015 Viking delivered 75 new aircraft and re-established the Twin Otter as a successful commuter airliner — while nearly 500 of the original aircraft also remained in operation. The E-flite Twin Otter 1.2m is a scale replica that makes the perfect first twin-powered model for intermediate to experienced RC pilots. It's versatile, easy to fly, and is outfitted with functional features that include LED navigation and landing lights, flaps, and optional-use floats.
- Scale replica of the STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) capable cargo and passenger carrying utility aircraft
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect choice for a first twin-powered model
- Functional features including LED navigation and landing lights plus operational flaps
- Scale details including molded-in panel lines, corrugated control surfaces and more
- High-power brushless power systems with striped 3-blade counter-rotating props
- A single 3S 2200–3200mAh battery delivers excellent power and long flight times
- 5-Channel control with six (6) factory-installed servos and linkages
- Tricycle landing gear with steerable nose wheel for easy ground handling
- Includes matching optional-use floats with steerable rudder for flying from water
- Conveniently sized so it can be flown at soccer fields, large parks and in other suitable areas
- Easy to install/remove one-piece composite-reinforced wing with thumbscrew and snap-in struts
- Magnetically-secured top hatch for quick and easy access to the battery compartment
- Lightweight and extremely durable composite-reinforced EPO airframe
- Extremely fast and easy final assembly
THE PERFECT FIRST TWIN
For RC pilots who want a great first (or next) twin model, there's no better choice than the E-flite Twin Otter 1.2m. It delivers exciting "bush plane" scale looks and performance along with the inherent stability of a high-wing design. The convenient size of the Twin Otter means you can transport it fully assembled for flying at a wide variety of locations with paved, grass or packed dirt surfaces, such as large parks, sports fields and RC flying fields. Your adventures won't stop there, though — remove the tricycle landing gear, install the provided floats, and now you're ready to fly off of large ponds and small lakes. Having two landing gear options included in the box only hints at this model's incredible value. Along with molded-in panel lines, corrugated control surfaces and a scale-inspired trim scheme, the E-flite Twin Otter comes with many functional features including operational flaps, LED navigation and landing lights, and props finished with black and white stripes that look awesome whether spinning or standing still. The Twin Otter 1.2m offers a truly unique flying experience that a wide range of pilots can enjoy.