Hangar 9 Twist 3D 40 ARFHAN2650
This product has an oversize charge of $8.50.
- Removable wing provides easy transport and storage
- Can be easily converted to electric power
- Covered in exclusive Hangar 9 UltraCote
- Extremely lightweight all-wood construction
- Capable of both sport and extreme 3D performance
The Twist 3D 40 ARF from Hangar 9® is the most fun you can have at the flying field without getting arrested. An exciting .40-size plane capable of both sport and extreme 3D performance and an excellent, unintimidating fun flyer to putter with on the weekends, the Twist is constructed from sturdy, lightweight balsa and plywood, and looks super-cool with its bold yellow UltraCote® trim scheme with contrasting accents. Best of all, the Twist, with its deep bevels for extreme 3D throw and counter-balanced rudder and elevators, provides plenty of aerobatic thrills.
For instance, the light wing loading and oversized control surfaces allow for incredible 3D maneuvers. From hovers to harriers, knife-edge loops to climbing flat spins, the Twist can handle just about any aerobatic maneuver thrown its direction. Using a Saito™ .72, the Twist can run tight ten-foot loops and—unlike some fun-fly planes—full-throttle high-speed runs. It’ll hover and torque-roll down to head high. On low rates with low power settings, the Twist demonstrates stable slow-speed characteristics and very gentle stalls.
For convenient storage and transport to the flying field, the wing removes quickly and easily. The tail-mounted servos offer short and stiff linkages. And the Twist can easily be adapted to electric power, using a Hacker brushless motor and the enclosed installation instructions.
- Wing Span: 47.75 in (1212.85mm)
- Overall Length: 48.38 in (1228.73mm)
- Wing Area: 747.37 sq in (48.2 sq dm)
- Flying Weight: 5-6 lb
- Engine Size: .40-.48 2-stroke; .50-.82 4-stroke
- Radio: 4-channel
- Servos: 5
- Trim Scheme Colors: HANU872 Bright Yellow, HANU867 Deep Pink, HANU868 Smoke Purple