Hangar 9 Alpha 40 Trainer RTFHAN2475
- Top-quality S400 radio from JR Sport installed
- Completely built and ready to fly in minutes
- Hassle-free Evolution Trainer Power System installed
- Super-stable, self-righting flight characteristics
- Compact .40-size airframe
Learning to fly a radio control airplane is one of the most exciting and rewarding challenges you can undertake. It's a hobby you can enjoy for a lifetime and will open doors to new experiences and friends you might have never known otherwise. This is why success during your first few flights is so important. It lays the groundwork for a lifetime of enjoyment. With the ready-to-fly Alpha Trainer from Hangar 9®, your success is all but assured, thanks to its gentle, beginner-friendly flight characteristics and an ingenious Evolution Trainer Power System® that makes the Alpha the easiest-starting, smoothest-running trainer available.
A successful first flight doesn't start until the engine does. Yet many ready-to-fly trainers that claim to be for beginners come equipped with engines that demand a level of experience most beginners don't have. This is the magic of the Hangar 9 Alpha's extraordinary Evolution Trainer Power System. Every Evolution system's engine is test run and tuned at the factory so a novice can easily get the Alpha flying right out of the box. No break-in period. No tedious trial-and-error with the carburetor settings. Just fuel it up and, with a few flips of the prop, you're flying.
No matter how gentle a ready-to-fly trainer's flight characteristics, learning to manage speed and power is one of the biggest challenges for a beginner. The Evolution system uses a specially designed, three-bladed prop that provides superb climb performance and slower level-flight speeds at high power settings. It's a lot quieter too-nearly 4db quieter than a typical 10 x 6 two-bladed prop. What it all adds up to is a trainer that reduces the beginner's workload by letting him focus more on flying and less on managing the throttle.
Nothing can rattle the nerves when you're learning to fly like losing the engine in-flight because you can't seem to find the right carburetor setting. That's why the Evolution system uses a unique crankshaft flywheel that helps keep the engine running at low throttle settings by preserving crankshaft momentum. The carburetor settings are also limited to prevent relatively new pilots from making tuning mistakes.
- Wing Span: 63 in (1600 mm)
- Overall Length: 52.5 in (1334 mm)
- Wing Area: 710 sq in (45.8 dm˛)
- Flying Weight: 5.25 lbs (2.4 kg)
- Radio: JR Sport S400 (installed) JSP14000**
- Trim Scheme Colors: HANU866 True Red, HANU870 White, HANU872 Bright Yellow, HANU877 Orange
- Hardware Included: Evolution Trainer Power System (installed)
- Approx. Assembly Time: Less than 1 hour